Friday, June 13, 2014

Pillow Talk

Oh wow. I haven't been on here in over a week. I couldn't really think of anything I could go on at any length about or anything short that meant anything special enough to post about. I also haven't listened to Panda Bear in a while and Scheherazade from the Tomboy album came on a few minutes ago. It's a pretty haunting song and so just now I decided to Google what exactly the title name came from.


Taken from Wikipedia Scheherazade

Pillow talk has always been important to me (not necessarily having anything to do with romance either).  It's actually been my AIM screen name for years. It's where you talk about everything and nothing, intimate free association. She knew who or what she wanted after all of that studying, all of that experience, and she knew who she was especially.

On the other hand the Panda Bear lyrics croon passively for someone just out of reach. Ambivalent sexism and frustrating quiescence aside, it all sounds good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment